To be considered in your travel plans, there are many excellent hotels situated in and around Scottish golf courses allowing travellers to play golf in amazing sceneries. Some of the best offer 4-star and 5-star accommodation, and most have different rates depending on the time of the week, month, and year of booking. Longer stays may also reduce the cost per night for accommodation.
Therefore, the key to an enjoyable holiday is careful planning and forethought. For this reason, booking accommodation well in advance will help to avoid any disappointment.
Top 4- and 5-Star Hotels in Scotland
For those seeking quality accommodation near golf courses but have a budget in mind, then the following hotels will exceed your expectations. All hotels listed are near golf courses in Ayrshire and Arran. Some hotels have sizeable rooms and some offer more amenities than others.
- Harbourside Hotel – Montgomery Street, Irvine, Scotland– Standard room $62 to $80 – breakfast included, free Wi-Fi, and fridge. Located 12.4 km (7.7 miles) from the Rowallan Golf Course.
- The Anchorage– 149 Templehill, Troon KA10 6BQ, Scotland – Free Wi-Fi and parking, and restaurant and bar facilities. A total of 19-rooms with an average standard price of $80 to $195. Situated 16.4 km (10.1 miles) from Rowallan Golf Course, and 9 km (5.6 miles) to the Gailes Western course.
- The Park Hotel – Rugby Road, Kilmarnock, Scotland – Free parking and Wi-Fi, 5- king-sized rooms with ensuites, 37-inch HD TV, restaurant, and bar facilities. Average standard room prices range from $104 to $193. This hotel is located 5.3 km (3.2 miles) from Rowallan Golf Course.
- Kildron House – 122 Main Street, Dreghorn, Irvine, Scotland – Pet friendly, restaurant, free Wi-Fi, and room service. This 14-bed family-run hotel is boutique-styled and upgraded. The standard room rates range from $72 to $192. This hotel is located 8.4 km (5.2 miles) from Rowallan Golf Course.
- Lochgreen House Hotel – Monktonhill Road, Southwood,Troon, Scotland – a 38-room hotel with deluxe ensuites, views over gardens, woodlands, the Royal Troon Golf Course, and the Island of Arran, as well as the Ayrshire coast. Room service is available along with restaurant and bar facilities. Free Wi-Fi and parking are on site. The standard room prices range from $339 to $468. This hotel is 16.1 km (10 miles) from Rowallan Golf Course and 11.9 km (7.4 miles) from Gailes Western.
- The Marine Hotel –Crosbie Road, Troon, Scotland – With 89 rooms, this hotel overlooks the Troon Golf Course and has views of the Firth of Clyde over to the Isle of Arran. Facilities include a restaurant, gym, and pool, as well as a Jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room. The hotel is 16.7 km (10.1 miles) from Rowallan Golf Course and 13.5 km (8.4 miles) from the Gailes Western course.